You can register for IELTS quickly and easily through our Online Registration Service.
To register, simply follow the steps below:
1. READ THE INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
Download and read the Information for Candidates. This contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for candidates under the age of 16.
2. DECIDE WHICH VERSION OF THE TEST IS RIGHT FOR YOU
There are two versions of the IELTS test:
- IELTS Academic
- IELTS General Training
Read our simple guide to help you decide which version of the test is right for you.
3. CHECK THE IELTS TEST DATES
Click here to check the test dates in Kazakhstan. There are a limited number of places for all our IELTS test sessions. To make sure you get a place, we recommend that you register five weeks before your chosen test date. You can use our Online Registration System to find up-to-date information about test dates and availability.
Please note: Your Listening, Reading and Writing test will be completed on the same day. Your Speaking test may be offered on the same day, or up to a week before or after your main test day. You will receive notification in advance if your Speaking test is on a different day to your main test day.
4. REGISTER ONLINE
Use our Online Registration System to book your place on the test.
Please ensure you are able to provide the documents in step 5 and are able to pay using one of the payment methods in step 6.
5. Upload or send your documents
You must submit a clear colour scan of the identification document (passport or ID card) that you indicated on the application form. The document must be valid on the test day and must be the one you included in your test registration. You can send it either by email (please write your full name and test date), or bring them to the British Council offices in Astana and Almaty, as well as upload the colour scan of the document using these instructions.
Please send or email your identification document within 5 working days of registering your test. If we do not receive the document within 5 working days, your registration will be cancelled. We cannot process incomplete applications, so please make sure you have sent us all necessary information.
6. Choose your payment options
Starting from 1 July 2014 to 1 July 2015 the cost of sitting a test will be equivalent to 31500 tenge in Almaty and Astana, and 35000 tenge in other regions of Kazakhstan. You can pay for your test in one of the following ways:
- you can pay for your test either in cash in our offices in Almaty or Astana, or
- by making an online payment using your VISA or MasterCard. In case you experience any problems with your online payment, please contact our office in Almaty.
The payment should be completed within five working days of the date of your registration. If payment is not received within this time, the registration will be cancelled.
Our Almaty office: 09:00-17:30
Our Astana office: 13:00-16:00
7. Complete your registration
We need to receive all documents within five working days of your online registration. Unfortunately, if we do not receive documents within five working days your application will be cancelled.
We cannot process incomplete applications, so please make sure you have sent us all the necessary information.
Copies of your results
If you would like your results to be sent to universities or other educational institutions, please enter the relevant addresses in the appropriate fields on the online registration form. We can issue a maximum of five copies per student.
Candidates may apply for additional certificates within 2 years of the actual test date. You will need to complete and submit an Additional Test Report Form. Please note that you will need to cover the additional TRF and postal service expenses.
8. AFTER YOU REGISTER
- Once your registration is confirmed, you will receive an automatic email containing your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
- We will send you a notification email 7 days before your test date giving you the start time of your test and the address of where the test will take place.
For more information please contact us.
IELTS is designed to be a fair test and your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any special needs that you may have.
We can help you with any special arrangements you require for your test. For example, we offer support for people with visual impairments, hearing difficulties and dyslexia.
Please contact us three months in advance of your test date to find out how you can apply for special arrangements.
If you want to request a refund, please read our refund policy prior to making a request.
You can apply for a refund:
- If you cancel your registration at least five weeks before the test date. You will receive a refund of the test fee, minus an administration fee.
- If you cancel your registration within five weeks or less of the test date, you will not receive a refund unless you can provide appropriate evidence to support your cancellation. If you want to do this, please complete and submit a Request for Refund Form with the supporting evidence. We will need to receive your request and supporting evidence no later than five working days after the test date.
Test day transfers
If you request to transfer your Test Date five or more weeks before your original Test Date, the British Council (via the relevant test centre) may charge an administrative fee of no more than 25% of the test fee to transfer the Test Date. To do this, please complete and submit a Request for Transfer Form.
You may change your Test Date at any time prior to the Test Date itself, provided you notify the relevant test centre in writing. However, any requests to transfer that are made within five weeks of the Test Date will be treated as a cancellation and you will need to pay an additional test fee to re-register for the test – 7000 kzt unless you request your transfer due to:
- medical reasons (with valid medical certificates)
- loss in the family (supported by the documents)
- business trips (supported by the documents)
If you need more information please contact us.