The British Council wishes to recruit IELTS Examiner in Astana, Kazakhstan.
This post offers an excellent opportunity to gain work experience in Kazakhstan and to be part of the worldwide British Council network, enhancing skills and expertise in language assessment, and potentially into other areas such as teacher training and development and materials development.
|Duration||till August 2019|
|Closing date||Sunday 17 March 2019|
The post holder will be responsible for the delivery of IELTS speaking interviews and second marking where necessary. The post will work closely with the IELTS team and will report directly to the IELTS administrator.
Other Important Features or Requirements of the Job:
- Flexibility in working hours is expected in order to meet operational needs. The job will require regular travel to other cities in Kazakhstan. It will also involve regular weekend working hours or evening work. The successful candidate can expect to work most weekends.
- Examining will be prioritised during scheduled exams period each month.
- The post is a guaranteed 40 hours contract. Monthly schedules will be determined by the second week of each preceding month, and at the discretion of the British Council.
- Examiners are required to maintain certification and active examiner status in the Speaking module for the duration of the contact.
- The British Council will support the post-holder in obtaining a work permit and work visa and cover accommodation costs up to 200 000 KZT including utility bill.
- For more information, please see Role profile and British Council Behaviours and Teaching skills.
Security or legal checks are required for this role:
- Clear local police check history (and from the previous countries of residence if applicable)
- 3 references
- 3 forms of ID
- Clear financial history
For any queries related to this job please contact Exams Manager on +7 727 244 41 44 (ext. 105) or through firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit the British Council global e-recruitment portal.
How to apply
If you are interested and feel you are suitable for the role please send completed Examiner Application Form to email@example.com before 23:59 UK time on 17 March 2019.