On 4 March and 5 March 2017 the British Council in Kazakhstan will hold its annual UK Schools and Colleges Event in Almaty and Astana.
The British Council is now recruiting volunteers to help with UK Schools and Colleges Event in Almaty and Astana.
What we need
We need volunteers to help with the following roles:
- Preparing information packs before the exhibition
- Welcoming visitors to the exhibition
- Registering visitors who have not already registered online
- Interpreting for representatives of the participating UK institutions
- Supporting the organisation of workshops and presentations
- Assisting the provision of refreshments to exhibitors and other volunteers
- Answering general queries about the exhibition
- Data-inputting of participant information after the exhibition
- Other general support on the day of the exhibition
What we are looking for
We are looking for reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Previous volunteering experience is not required but applicants should be committed to the principles of volunteering and have an interest in the UK and in UK education.
- Applicants must have fluent Russian and English, with knowledge of Kazakh an added advantage.
- Applicants must be able to manage their own time and demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Applicants must be available for the whole of the day of the exhibition as well as for any prior briefing.
What you will get out of it
- By taking part as a volunteer at UK Schools and Colleges Event, you will:
- Get new skills and meet new people;
- Make new contacts with UK universities, colleges, and schools;
- Get some volunteering experience to put on your CV;
- Receive a British Council certificate recording your contribution to the Exhibition;
- Have fun!
How to apply
If you wish to apply to be a volunteer at UK Schools and Colleges Event, please fill out the application form before 15 February 2017.