Starting from 1 January 2016 we will no longer accept cash as payments for any of our exam services.
From 1 January 2016 you will have two payment options for IELTS:
- Online payment through Visa/MasterCard cards
- Via bank transfer
If you wish to pay via bank transfer:
- Find out our bank details in order to make the payment:
Name of the Organisation: British Council (Kazakhstan) Limited Liability Partnership
Bank name: JSC Citibank Kazakhstan
- In the REFERENCE section of payment include: 'IELTS / family name / city / test date' e.g. 'IELTS / Akhmetov / Almaty / 09Jan2016'. Without this information we will not be able to identify your payment.
- Email the bank payment order to this e-mail with the following subject title: 'Bank transfer IELTS / Reference number/ surname / test location / test date'.
- Please remember that you will have 5 working days to pay for your exam via bank transfer. If payment is not received within this time, the registration will be cancelled.
You can register for IELTS quickly and easily through our Online Registration Service.
To register, simply follow the steps below:
1. READ THE INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
Download and read the Information for Candidates. This contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for candidates under the age of 16.
2. DECIDE WHICH VERSION OF THE TEST IS RIGHT FOR YOU
There are two versions of the IELTS test:
- IELTS Academic
- IELTS General Training
Read our simple guide to help you decide which version of the test is right for you.
3. CHECK THE IELTS TEST DATES
Click here to check the test dates in Kazakhstan. There are a limited number of places for all our IELTS test sessions. To make sure you get a place, we recommend that you register five weeks before your chosen test date. You can use our Online Registration System to find up-to-date information about test dates and availability.
Please note: Your Listening, Reading and Writing test will be completed on the same day. Your Speaking test may be offered on the same day, or up to a week before or after your main test day. You will receive notification in advance if your Speaking test is on a different day to your main test day.
4. REGISTER ONLINE
Use our Online Registration System to book your place on the test.
Please ensure you are able to provide the documents in step 5 and are able to pay using one of the payment methods in step 6.
5. Upload or send your documents
You must submit a clear colour scan of the identification document (passport or ID card) that you indicated on the application form. The document must be valid on the test day and must be the one you included in your test registration. You can send it either by email (please write your full name and test date), or bring them to the British Council offices in Astana and Almaty, as well as upload the colour scan of the document using these instructions.
Please send or email your identification document within 5 working days of registering your test. If we do not receive the document within 5 working days, your registration will be cancelled. We cannot process incomplete applications, so please make sure you have sent us all necessary information.
6. Choose your payment options
Starting from 1 February 2016 to 30 June 2016 the cost of sitting a test will be equivalent to 40,000 tenge in Almaty and Astana, and 45,000 tenge in other regions of Kazakhstan. You can pay for your test in one of the following ways:
The payment should be completed within five working days of the date of your registration. If payment is not received within this time, the registration will be cancelled.
Our Almaty office: 09.00-17.30
Our Astana office: 13.00-16.00
7. Complete your registration
We need to receive all documents within five working days of your online registration. Unfortunately, if we do not receive documents within five working days your application will be cancelled.
We cannot process incomplete applications, so please make sure you have sent us all the necessary information.
8. AFTER YOU REGISTER
- Once your registration is confirmed, you will receive an automatic email containing your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
- We will send you a notification email 7 days before your test date giving you the start time of your test and the address of where the test will take place.
For more information please contact us.
IELTS is designed to be a fair test and your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any special needs that you may have.
We can help you with any special arrangements you require for your test. For example, we offer support for people with visual impairments, hearing difficulties and dyslexia.
Please contact us three months in advance of your test date to find out how you can apply for special arrangements.
To request a refund or transfer to a different date, please download the Request for Refund or Test Date Transfer Form prior to making a request.
- If you cancel your registration at least five weeks before the test date, you will receive a refund of the test fee, minus 25% for administrative costs.
- If you cancel your registration within 7 days after enrolment, you are liable to receive full refund.
- If you cancel your registration within five weeks or less of the test date, there will be no refund unless you provide appropriate evidence to support the cancellation.
Acceptable documents include a medical certificate from a qualified medical practitioner, a death notice or certificate, a police report or verification from the army. Statutory declarations or certificates signed by family members are not acceptable. All the above must be submitted to the test centre within five days of the test date.
Please refer to the Request for Refund Form or Test Date Transfer Form and attach the appropriate evidence within five days of the test date.
Payment for Refunds
- Fill in the IELTS refund form
- Fill in bank account form for refund
- Send scanned copies of the complete refund form, complete bank account form, copy of your ID, supporting documents to this e-mail within 5 weeks before the test date
- We will consider your request and within 5 working days you will be informed about the outcomes.
Test day transfers
If you request to transfer your Test Date five or more weeks before your original Test Date, the British Council will charge an administrative fee of 7,000 KZT. To do this, please complete and submit a Request for Transfer Form.
However, any requests to transfer that are made within five weeks of the Test Date will be treated as a cancellation and the transfer may not be granted unless you have strong supporting documents.
To do so, please complete and submit a Request for Transfer Form with relevant supporting documents. The British Council will charge you an administrative fee of 7,000 KZT unless you request your transfer due to:
- medical reasons (with valid medical certificates)
- loss in the family (supported by the documents)
- business trips (supported by the documents)
Payment for IELTS test day transfer
- Fill in the test day transfer form
- Pay for test day transfer procedure via bank transfer, please quote your full name, type of the services requested (IELTS test day transfer), registered test day, location
- Please send the scanned copy of the filled in test day transfer request form, copy of your ID, copy of the bank payment receipt within 5 weeks before the test date
- We will consider your request and send you the confirmation statement within 5 working days
If you need more information please contact us.