When will I get my IELTS results?
You won’t have to wait long for your IELTS test results.
You can log in to the Test Taker Portal to preview your results. IELTS Results remain online for 28 days but should not be used as an official confirmation of your performance. Please note that if you have taken IELTS for UKVI and Life Skills, the results cannot be viewed online.
If you have taken the paper based test, you will be able to preview your results after 13 calendar days from the test date.
If you have taken the computer based test, you will be able to preview your results after five to seven calendar days from the test date.
When will I get a physical copy of my result?
You can pick up your Test Report Form in our office in Almaty on the 13th day after the date of the written test and in Nur-Sultan on the 17th day after the date of the written test and five to seven days after a computer delivered test. If you live in another city the certificate can be posted to you by KazPost if you request this in advance.
IELTS results will not be disclosed over the phone or through email.
We’ll send your Test Report Form (TRF) directly to the institutions you’re applying to
Institutions need original copies of your Test Report Form. Photocopies will not be accepted.
We can send up to five additional copies of your TRF directly to institutions you are applying to (for instance universities, immigration officers, etc.). If you would like us to do this, please include the relevant addresses when you book your test.
Please do not forget to give the full postal address of the institution. Without the complete address we are not able to check whether the institution has access to the IELTS Test Report Form Verification Service that allows it to view your results after we have submitted them electronically. In case they do not access this service, we will send your TRF by post.
Can I get additional copies of my IELTS results?
If your test centre has been closed, you can order additional test report forms from ielts.org.
For a period of two years, you can apply (to the centre where you took the test) for verified originals of the Test Report Form to be sent to recognising organisations. To do so, please follow the steps below:
2. We can send your additional TRFs online or via post. If you’re requesting online delivery, you should follow points 1 and 3 only.
3. Please send us the following documents via email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A completed form requesting the issue of an additional TRF;
- A copy of your ID/Passport;
- Proof of payment.
4. It will take us up to three working days to process your request. When your request has been processed you will be contacted by telephone or email. If you requested online delivery of your TRF, it will be sent to you within three working days.
5. Candidates are responsible for organising postage of their own TRFs. You can choose any courier company and book a courier to come to our office. You should agree to a payment method with your chosen courier company. You should book your courier collection during our office hours only (Monday – Friday, 9.00 – 18.30).
6. When your courier arrives, your TRF will be handed to the courier. You should let your courier know your name as they will be required to give this information in order for us to collect the TRF.
7. Institutions can receive a candidate’s score by contacting the IELTS online verification service. To do this they will need the candidate’s TRF number. This can be found in the lower right-hand corner of your TRF.
What does my IELTS score mean?
You will be awarded an IELTS band score from 0-9 for each test section, which reflects your proficiency in English.
Your TRF shows a score for each of the four skills (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking), as well as an overall band score. You can score whole band scores (for example 5.0, 6.0, 7.0) or half band scores (e.g. 5.5, 6.5, 7.5) in each section of the test.
Find out more about what your score means here.
How long are my IELTS results valid for?
Organisations will usually not accept your results if they are more than two years old unless you provide evidence that you have actively maintained or tried to improve your English since taking the test. The IELTS Partners cannot confirm the validity of test results that are more than two years old.
How can I get my IELTS test re-marked?
If you did not receive the score you expected, you can apply for your test to be re-marked. Applications are accepted within six weeks after the exam date. This is called an Enquiry on Results (EOR). You can choose which test sections you want to be re-marked and will need to request this at the test centre where you sat the test.
There is a fee of 60 GBP for this service, which will be refunded should your overall score change. Enquiry on Results can take up to eight weeks to complete.
In order to apply for Enquiry on Results, you need to provide the following documents:
- Filled-in and signed Enquiry on Results application
- Enquiry on Results fee payment confirmation
- Copy of your passport or national identity card
- Original hand-written application for refund in English
Please contact us for further information.
Can I re-take my IELTS test?
There are no restrictions on re-taking IELTS. You can book a test as soon as you feel you are ready to do so.
Please note that your score is unlikely to increase unless you make a significant effort to improve your English before re-taking the test. Visit the preparation section to take a practice test and assess your level.