Ielts results online and by post
You’ll be able to preview your results online at 14.00 Astana time 13 days after the main test day.
You will receive one copy of the Test Report Form. Unfortunately, replacements cannot be issued if you lose it.
You can pick up your Test Report Form in our office in Almaty on the 13th day after the date of the written test and in Astana on the 17th day after the date of the written test. If you live in another city the certificate can be posted to you by KazPost if you request this in advance.
Please submit the original document (national identity card or passport) when you come to collect the Test Report Form. If you cannot collect the TRF in person, you can arrange for a third party to collect it using power of attorney.
Test Report Forms (TRFs)
For a period of two years you can apply (to the centre where you took the test) for verified originals of the Test Report Form to be sent to recognising organisations. To do so, please follow the steps below:
- Fill in the Additional Test Report Form. One copy of the Test report form is 2,500 kzt.
- Institutions may be able to view candidates’ scores through the IELTS Test Report Form (TRF) Verification Service. To do this they will need your Test Report Form number which can be found in the bottom right corner of your Test Report Form.
- Despatch of the TRF by Kazpost is 2,000 kzt
- Despatch of the TRF by DHL – please check the 2017 rates. Please note that this information is updated from time to time.
- Despatch of the TRF by UPS - please check the shipping rates. Please note that this information is updated from time to time.
- Please make payment to our bank account for the issue of additional test report forms and despatch (if applicable) and send us the scanned copies of the following:
- Request for issue of Additional test report form
- Copy of your ID
- Bank payment statement
The validity period of your Test Report Form
IELTS results are valid for two years only.
Understand your IELTS scores
IELTS provides results for all levels of English: there is no such thing as a pass or fail. You will be given a score from zero to nine for each part of the test – Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
Find out more about how to understand your IELTS scores and the nine-band system.
Find out how IELTS scores relate to the Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
How to query your score
In the case you believe there has been a mistake in the marking, you can apply to our Enquiry on Results Service to have your test re-marked. This must be done within six weeks of the test date. You can choose which sections of the test are re-marked.
There is a fee of 60 GBP for this service, which will be refunded should your overall score change. Enquiry on Results can take up to eight weeks to complete.
In order to apply for Enquiry on Results, you need to provide the following documents:
- Your original Test Report Form
- Filled-in and signed Enquiry on Results application
- EOR fee payment confirmation
- Copy of your passport or national identity card
- Original hand-written application for refund in English
Please contact us for further information.
Appeals Process Overview
IELTS Test Takers are able to appeal against decisions affecting IELTS test results (e.g. decisions relating to results outcomes, malpractice and administration).
The appeals process focuses on whether, in the course of reaching decisions, the IELTS Test Partners used procedures which were consistent with the regulatory authorities’ code of practice and applied the procedures properly and fairly. The appeals process is not concerned with making judgements about Test Takers’ work in the test, and an appeal will not normally involve re-marking or re-assessment of a Test Takers’ work.
The appeals process allows for reviews in three consecutive stages. A fee of £250 is charged for each stage.
Stage 1 – Case review by Independent Authority
Test Takers must submit their application within 21 calendar days of receiving notification of decision and will be notified of the outcome of their appeal within ten weeks of submission.
Stage 2 – Case review by Appeals Committee
Test Takers who are dissatisfied after the Stage 1 decision, may submit an application for a Stage 2 Appeal. Test Takers must apply within 14 calendar days of the receipt of the outcome of the first stage appeal and will be notified of the outcome of their appeal within 10 weeks of submission.
Independent Review – Case review by Independent Reviewer
Test Takers remaining dissatisfied after the Stage 2 decision may submit an appeal for independent review. Test Takers must apply within 21 calendar days of the receipt of the outcome of the second stage appeal and will be notified of the outcome of their appeal within 10 weeks of submission.
The outcome at each stage may be confirmation or overturning of the original decision. Where an appeal leads to the overturning of the decision, the appeal fee will be refunded in full, including fees from any previous appeal stages.
Can I re-take the test?
You can take the test as many times as you wish.