You think you can explain a scientific fact, theory or project in Kazakh or Russian to a general audience, in just three minutes? If yes, enter the competition!
Students studying in school grades 9-11 and college students on courses 1 and 2 in the Republic of Kazakhstan can participate in the competition, interested in technologies, engineering, medicine, biology, chemistry, physics or mathematics. Applications are being accepted only from individuals, applications from teams will not be accepted.
Fill in the online application form to participate in the competition:
- Record the video in which you will talk about any scientific invention, fact, theory or scientific project in one of the science areas: technologies, medicine, biology, chemistry, physics or mathematics and upload this video to Youtube, Vimeo or another video hosting site.
- Fill the online application in Kazakh or Russian, including a link to your video entry by 30 November 2018.
- We will contact you by email to confirm the receipt of your application and inform you of further details and next steps.
Should you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
If your application is successful you will be invited to attend a Communication Masterclass on science communication that will help you develop presentation skills before the final. You will be sent details of this if you pass the video contest. Communication masterclass and final will be held in Astana in March 2019.
- The winner of the "Science stars" will receive a laptop.
- Two runners-up will receive iPads.
- All finalists will receive a free subscription to “OYLA” scientific magazine and gift vouchers for books.
Competition rules and evaluation criteria:
Before submitting your application, please read the Competition rules and evaluation criteria.
Deadline for applications submission: 30 November 2018.