SEE INTO THE FUTURE: SKILLS, ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND EMPLOYMENT IN THE 21st CENTURY CONFERENCE
18 – 19 NOVEMBER 2014, ASTANA, KAZAKHSTAN
About 300 government policy-makers, university and college leaders and practitioners, business leaders and other influencers and senior managers came together at the SEE Into the Future Astana conference, with tens of thousands more accessing highlights online.
What were the themes?
A team of experts led discussion, learning and reflection on the following questions:
- How can education providers and industry better co-operate together?
- How can we help young people make the right career choice and how can industry be confident that young people have the skills that they need?
- How does teaching and learning need to change in order to better equip young people for future employment and business success?
SEE Into the Future Astana ran in partnership with Kazakhstan’s flagship Nazarbayev University and Kasipkor Holding (the national Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) agency tasked with setting up a network of world-class colleges across the country).
The conference is part of the framework of co-operation arrangements between governments in the region and the UK including:
- a Memorandum of Understanding on education co-operation currently being developed between the Kazakhstani Ministry of Education and Science and the UK Government and
- a Knowledge Partnership Agreement between the UK and Turkish Governments to strengthen co-operation in higher education and skills.
For the latest news, follow the Twitter hashtag: #SeeIntoTheFuture.
You can see the photos from the SEE into the Future Astana conference here.