As part of the three-year WeAlmaty project, the British Council, Almaty Akimat, Almaty Development Centre and Kazakh-British Technical University are pleased to announce a project competition. The winning projects will receive grants of up to 5,000 euros.
WeAlmaty is funded by the European Union.
Do you have a team of like-minded people and ideas for making the life of Almaty and the lives of its citizens better? You can apply to participate in this competition for the chance to win a grant for your project!
To be eligible for participation, your project should involve local area regeneration, creating new business incubators, developing new digital technologies or mobile applications, public performance spaces, creative hubs, new social enterprises, audio and video production, greening and landscaping and so on.
Projects should support the social and economic development of the city and show a citizen-oriented approach.
THE FINALISTS WILL BE SELECTED BY A SELECTION COMMITTEE MADE UP OF WEALMATY PARTNERS AND INDEPENDENT EXPERTS AND THE FOLLOWING FOUR CRITERIA WILL BE USED:
- Clear explanation of why the project is important and needed by the city/local community(-ies), including a list of the beneficiaries and main stakeholders.
- Logically structured and comprehensible action plan setting reachable and realistic objectives that are within the budget and showing the use of the applicant’s own resources and/or those of existing or new partners.
- Reasonable and economical budget that is well connected to the action plan.
- The potential to extend the project and business plan by demonstrating the project’s sustainable development during and after the grant, allowing applicants to choose areas related to the city’s economic and social priorities and highlighting a citizen-oriented approach.
THE FOLLOWING PROJECTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED:
- Projects not related to the needs of citizens and that imply no social benefit;
- Projects that do not involve Almaty citizens in the design or implementation stages;
- Projects that have teams of two or less people;
- Projects that do not provide their own or partner financing;
- Projects that are geared towards only generating income for privately-owned companies or individuals.
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
Organisations and groups from Almaty that wish to participate in this competition should fill in and submit an application as instructed below.
|The deadline for submitting applications is 23 March 2018|
|Winners will be announced on 12 April 2018 (during the WeAlmaty forum)|
To obtain detailed information about the project, please refer to this document.
In case you have any questions, please contact us at WeAlmaty@kz.britishcouncil.org.